Le Tote Schools Us on Serious Fashion Girl Style

Tuesday



Fashion is a fickle girl and let's face it, sometimes it's hard to keep up.   Luckily, Le Tote knows what you're going through and wants to help.  Le Tote is a clothing rental start up company that really hones in on your personal style by taking a personalized quiz and has understanding personal stylists that are there for any mini freak out moments, good or bad that you may have (because we all know it happens).  If that isn't enough, Le Tote also made $8.8 million in Series A funding (see article here), in fashion girl lingo that means they're kind of a big deal.


Maya Turtleneck Top
BCBGeneration
$68 (Member price $34)


Plaid Sparkle Skirt
i. Madeline
$68 (Member price $54)



I love free gifts and honestly, who doesn't?  Le Tote gifts you a fab free Le Tote tote with your first box, so if you love freebies you'll love this.

As I've grown through the years my personal style has changed and gotten pretty simple and minimalistic mainly due to my job and lifestyle.  So when I first saw this turtleneck,  I loved it.  The fabric was thin yet soft which meant I could wear this to work and wear it out.  Also I'm a huge fan of details.  The hi-low cut for tops are very flattering and the side slits are very in and very Zara.  Sold.

I'm very selective with anything glitter because I don't want to look like a disco ball (not trying to throw shade at a little Kate Spade sparkle, because we love to look classy) but this skirt has class.  Although it's stretchy and made out of sweatshirt material, the hint of sparkle and plaid design make this a class act and perfect for the office, if that's your thing.



Zelda Necklace
Adia Kibur
$34 (Member price $28)


 What's the most coveted style trick of all fashion girls?  Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize.  You will look far more put together (even if you're not) if you accessorize.  A great vintage inspired statement necklace is a great start and can easily dress up a drab, boring look in a matter of seconds.  This particular statement piece is nothing short of gorgeous and definitely easy on your wallet considering it's under $30.    




House of Harlow 1960
$58 (Member price $44)

Splendid
$108 (Member price $77)


I seriously love this simple meets glam House of Harlow necklace.  Dainty is on trend currently and this piece is perfect for a day to night look.  When I first saw this necklace I didn't think it was from House of Harlow, to be honest.  I'm used to seeing trendy, boho chic rather than something this simple and delicate, I was pleasantly surprised.  

Also, how perfect is this piece with this very boss girl, open/cut lapelle top, totally on point for workwear.  The medium grey color of the dress shirt looks great on all skin tones and the modern cut looks great with a blazer or a pair of jeans.


Le Tote is an ever expanding clothing rental company that sends clothing and accessories to your door once a month and is curated by a fabulous staff of personal stylists.  Department store brands such as House of Harlow 1960, Splendid and BCBGeneration and more are carried with Le Tote, and their brands are currently expanding to brands with higher price points and chicer cuts such as T Tahari and Max Studio.  

In my personal opinion, Le Tote is a great way to expose yourself to new brands and styles.  Although I am familiar with a great deal of brands, due to my work it's interesting having clothes and accessories sent to me and curated by another stylist (the membership discount doesn't hurt either).  The only part of the whole "clothing rental" deal that I can't get my head around is keeping the merchandise as long as you want.  I mean how long is too long and would I want merchandise that someone had for say 6 months or more?  I don't know but who's to say that normal department and specialty stores don't do the same thing.  At the very least you can get a great deal on some great clothes, and your closet will be happy too.   

xx   

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Linen and Lavender. Design by Fearne.