Louis Vuitton Redefines Accessory Style

Monday


Nicolas Ghesquière designed his first collection for Louis Vuitton with a 60's mod vibe meets futuristic.  I kind of dig it- the bold metal statement jewelry accented by the rich luxe fabrics for fall.  I love it.  These pieces are powerful, yet obviously feminine but that's what the 60's and 70's accessories were mostly about, right? 

A major trend with accessories that I have been watching since summer is the asymmetrical earring (one dangle and the other a stud).  I'll be honest, it's not for everyone.  I tried it in high school back in the late 90's and it worked but Ghesquière really worked his magic.  From experience, the only way to make this look work is to have a killer dangle earring (and I'm not talking chandelier) and in this case this is a killer dangle.  








Photos: Interview Magazine
Photographer: Gregory Harris 
Stylist: Elin Svahn



xx

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Linen and Lavender. Design by Fearne.