Life Is Precious and Is the Best Gift of All

Friday

I don't usually post about my personal life, but I feel it's important to share how important the little things in life really are special, especially during this time of the year.

For anyone that knows me, they know that I have never really shied away from telling the truth, even when it comes to having children and motherhood.  Trying to have a child a year ago and then going through a rough miscarriage was rough.  But trying again a year later and having a beautiful little girl the next time was well worth the pain and sacrifice.  Going through everyday and every doctor's appointment (especially when you're high risk) hoping that nothing goes wrong because you've made it this far is completely worth the wait.  Do I regret miscarrying or does it make me sad?  Not really.  My problem with miscarriage is that no one talks about it.  I felt like after I went through it, I wasn't even allowed to.  In the end, if it happens it happens and that's it.  Try again.  The worst thing you can do is to not talk about it.

Even though I'm new to motherhood, I feel like I've learned a lot.  During my pregnancy with Ellenne, I decided from the beginning that I was going to do my best to appreciate the journey with her in my womb no matter the outcome.  And I'm sure because of that decision, that's why I had an overall enjoyable and somewhat relaxed pregnancy.

If there's anything that I've learned it's that no one tells you what you need to know when it comes to taking care of a child, especially a newborn.  Each one is different and absolutely no book, website or Abuela can give you all the answers.  You just have to do it and get through it together.  Life is a journey and you have to choose what you want to take from it.

Yesterday, Evens and I went to the lake and took Ellenne (since she now has had her shots) on her very first trip.  I wanted some photos for a freelance project I am working on, and of course that didn't turn out due to Ellenne's sleeping schedule.  But on the other hand, we ended up having some pretty nice family photos.

Enjoy!






















xx

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Linen and Lavender. Design by Fearne.